It seems like there is a consistent line of On Demand companies popping up who provide dog walking, house sitting, food delivery, or personal care. To protect you, their customer, these companies must ensure criminal background checks are a staple in their background screening process before hiring employees.
A compliant and accurate background screening process for Criminal Record Checks protects an organization’s employees, property, customers and reputation. Prevent negligent hiring litigation by ensuring your background screening provider ticks all of the boxes when it comes securing the best talent and protecting their personal background data.
A Criminal Record Check searches the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) within the National Repository of Criminal Records, including Investigative, Identification and Ancillary banks plus Local Police Records which includes Police Information Portal (PIP) based on the candidate’s name and date of birth.
Here are a few facts about Canadian Criminal Record Checks:
· A criminal conviction in Canada, with no suspensions, will last up to 80 years before being struck from the record as standard.
· A criminal record check conducted by the RCMP is the only official way to perform a criminal background check on someone in Canada.
· The information provided on a criminal record check are records of convictions or findings of guilt under criminal law statutes including the Canadian Criminal Code and the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
At ScreeningCanada we have two criminal background checks - Standard and Enhanced.
1. Standard Criminal Record Check search the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) within the National Repository of Criminal Records, including investigative, identification and Ancillary banks based on the candidate’s name of birth. The results provided are returned as Negative or Incomplete. This Search will discover any Canadian Convictions that have not been pardoned or discharged.
2. Enhanced Criminal Record Check searches the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) within the National Repository of Criminal Records, including Investigative, identification and Ancillary banks plus local Police Records which includes Police Information Portal (PIP) based on the candidate’s name and date of birth. The results provided are returned as Negative or Additional Check Recommended. The Enhanced search will discover any Canadian Criminal Convictions that have not been pardoned or discharged as well as identifiers that additional information may be present related to the candidate. Search result details are not released to third parties, however candidates identified by the Enhanced search are recommended to attend their Local Police Detachment For a detailed report or submit fingerprints. Candidates who obtain results independently from their Local Police, may results with the organization requesting search.
There are a myriad of vendors that are able to conduct a Criminal Record Check On your organization’s behalf, but only one who utilizes a candidate-first technology to ensure accuracy, compliance and ease of use.
ScreeningCanada is a web application that provides a unified platform to perform multiple searched to conduct any level of screening or due diligence in Canada. The system integrates with HRIS or ATS systems with direct API connections allowing technology to do the work. ScreeningCanada gives an enhanced client and candidate experience with instant online web-chat support, that reduces the time required to complete a search.
The platform can be fully customized for your corporate identity and branding guidelines, while ensuring your candidate and customer information remains secure. This includes multiple layers of validation, unique browser footprints and robust API connections for all services through ScreeningCanada platform. Overall, we offer a unique experience from the client and candidate perspective, store all data in Canada, and have an amazing bilingual team ready to help you 7 days a week!